Looking to give your skin a bit of TLC? A CBD mask is the perfect product to give yourself and your skin a moment of relaxation.
Topically, CBD is extremely soothing to the skin, so it can alleviate the symptoms of sensitivity, irritation, and acne. It's absolutely fantastic in a daily skincare routine, but its addition to a formulation often also comes with a major jump in price. Instead of using it daily, you can rely on it just once in a while as a pleasant luxury.
If you usually have your skin under control, but still struggle with the occasional hormonal breakout or flare-up of rosacea, you can keep a CBD mask sitting on your bathroom shelf. Pull it out when necessary and apply it to your skin to enjoy the sweet relief that CBD provides.
You can't overdose on CBD, topically or otherwise, so even if your routine already features CBD serums and lotions a'plenty, there is nothing wrong with also adding a special CBD mask or two whenever you like!
CBD Face Mask Tips
If you haven't used a face mask before (and even if you have), here are a few tips to ensure you get the most out of your CBD mask!
- Always apply your mask to a clean face. Wiping your face with a damp cloth could be enough if you're using it in the morning, but in the evening, cleanse your skin thoroughly before starting your masking session.
- If your skin can tolerate it, exfoliate first to remove any dead skin build-up. This will prepare your skin to take in the beneficial ingredients from the mask.
- If you've picked up a CBD sheet mask, think of it as a similar product to a hydrating serum that doesn't need to be rinsed off. Put it on your skin after toners and serums, but before moisturizer.
- Cream and clay masks should be thoroughly removed after 10-15 minutes. You can use a damp microfiber cloth to help if your mask is particularly stubborn.
- Follow your masking session with a healthy layer of moisturizer to lock all of that goodness into your skin.
- Keep your mask in the fridge for an additional soothing effect, especially if your skin is sensitive.
- If you have combination skin, you can double mask! Apply a clay mask to your oily areas, like the T-zone, and apply a hydrating mask to the dry areas.
Best CBD Face Masks
Here are some exceptional CBD face masks you should check out! We selected a broad range of masks for different skin types, including CBD sheet masks, clay masks, and more!
For congested skin: Bevara Skincare Clay Mask
This mask is a two-in-one that busts congestion and clogged pores without drying the skin. It's a clay mask with a combination of kaolin and Brazilian silt, which gives a deep cleanse and absorbs excess oils. It also includes exfoliating bamboo beads that remove dead skin. A blend of natural oils and moisture-binders replenish the skin with hydration. Our favorite detail about this mask is that it is fragrance and essential-oil free, so it's suitable for the 1%-3% of the population that react negatively to scents. It's a great choice for oily, combination, and normal skin, although it should be used carefully when there is inflamed acne.
For stressed skin: Beboe Therapies High-Potency CBD Sheet Mask
This is the CBD face mask to keep on hand for when your skin gets stressed out, dry, dehydrated, or dull. Since it's a sheet mask, it creates a protective layer over the skin to ensure it absorbs a maximum amount of beneficial ingredients. It comes in a set of five, with each mask containing 50 mg of CBD, which is more than enough for serious results. Niacinamide and vitamin C act as antioxidants to neutralize external aggressors. Excellent hydrators like butylene glycol and glycerin bring moisture into the skin. Finally, lavender and copaiba essential oils give it a floral, woodsy scent that is quite calming.
For dull skin: MĀSK LUMINOUSS Hydrating & Brightening CBD Sheet Mask
This gorgeous sheet mask is hydrating and brightening, and it's great for days when the best word to describe your skin is "blegh." It's instantly transformative, plumping the skin up and boosting its luminosity with the help of hyaluronic acid, aloe, and coconut water. It also has niacinamide and licorice extract which act as gentle pigmentation-faders. One mask contains 20 mg of CBD, so it's soothing but not too intense. Anyone can benefit from it!
For overnight renewal: Hora Overnight Exfoliating Mask
Light, hydrating, and exfoliating -- this overnight mask can be used by nearly anyone for quick renewal. Each jar contains 422 mg of CBD, which translates into about 10-20 mg of CBD per use, depending on how much product you slather on. This mask also removes dead skin thanks to salicylic acid, which is a gentle chemical exfoliant that also helps with clogged pores and acne. Glycerin and evening primrose oil ensure this mask also loads the skin with moisture. It's a suitable choice for all skin types.